Thursday, 10 February 2011

Lady Gaga for US Vogue


I can leave or take Lady Gaga's music if I'm perfectly honest, but as a big player in the fashion world she is one of my idols (okay, okay, apart from the meat dress...). The Diet Coke can rollers in the Telephone video? Genius. And if I could have anyone's shoe collection it would undoubtedly be hers. I was really intrigued to see how US Vogue would 'do' Gaga and how they would present her, and these shots are just amazing. They're somehow completely both Vogue AND Gaga at once, and the cover line of 'From Punk to Polish, Romantic to Rebel' really sums up the versatility and range of this editorial shot by photographer-turned-deity Mario Testino. 

After various struggles in the past to track down a copy of US Vogue, before finding a single copy in Oxford's WHSmith of all places, I'll be definitely hunting down March's edition.

What do you think of Lady Gaga's style, and the decision to give her a US Vogue cover? Do you like the editorial?

♥ jess

1 comment:

  1. I really dont like her hair on the cover or in the shoot, i really think it makes her look very androgynous and too serious for her, and the dark plum lip stick i dont like either

    i prefer her with longer hair or up dos etc...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails