Tuesday, 1 March 2011

LFW AW11 Trends: Great Lengths

I seem like such a lazy blogger lately but I do tend to get a bit overwhelmed during the fashion week season and ironically end up hardly enjoying the collections at all. Giving the shows a week or so to rest, breathe and percolate is usually the best way for me to deal with them! 

I'm a big fan of anything 'maxi', whether its in terms of lengths or just a general sense of OTT drama and luckily there were so many great maxi looks throughout LFW, with particular examples from Mary Katrantzou and Paul Smith providing a nice antidote to the standard red-carpet-ready designs. These are my favourite looks from across all the collections, with the only common feature of floor-sweeping hems and puddling materials. 
 Roksanda Ilincic - Basso Brooke - Erdem - Giles

 Giles - Julien Macdonald - Paul Smith - Peter Pilotto

 Todd Lynn - Acne - Antonio Berardi - Mulberry

 Nicole Farhi - Osman - Temperley - Topshop Unique

 Betty Jackson - CSM graduates - CSM graduates - House of Holland

J. W. Anderson - Jaeger London - Jonathan Saunders - Sass & Bide

Aquascutum - Fashion East - Graeme Armour - Marios Schwab


Are you a fan of the floor-length? Which were your favourite cross-collection trends this season?

♥ jess

2 comments:

  1. I think floor length can look really elegant, unfortunately I'm a bit on the short side and I tend to look like a kid playing dress up if I go for anything maxi length - fml

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with all of these maxies, some are simly stunning, like the Paul Smith one. I'm not super tall, but I love sporting a maxi, especially in summer, and I intend to wear this trend a lot. In winter it's a different kettle of fish, I bought a maxi dress by New Look but have only worn it once, still unconvinced :S

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails